AJAX Control Toolkit Release Notes - January 2013 Release
January 2013 release of the AJAX Control Toolkit.
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4.5 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 3.5 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 3.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- Instructions for using the AJAX Control Toolkit with ASP.NET 4.5 can be found at http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2012/09/20/september-2012-release-of-the-ajax-control-toolkit.aspx
- The current version of the AJAX Control Toolkit is not compatible with ASP.NET 2.0. The latest version that is compatible with ASP.NET 2.0 can be found here: 20229
- Pages using controls from AJAX Control Tookit .NET 3.5 must use the ToolkitScriptManager
, rather than the ASP.NET ScriptManager.
- AJAX Control Tookit .NET 4 cannot be loaded in Visual Studio 2008
. It requires Visual Studio 2010.
- When using the Ajax Control Toolkit with Visual Studio 2008, you must have Visual Studio Service Pack 1 installed.
- Instructions for contributing a bug report can be found at http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act_contribute_bug.ashx
Learn how to install the toolkit and add the toolkit to the Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer toolbox with the following videos and tutorials.
The biggest change with this release is the addition of 5 new chart controls.
- New Chart Controls - This release includes 5 new chart controls: AreaChart, BarChart, BubbleChart, LineChart, and PieChart. All of these controls work with IE9 and newer and recent versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari.
- HTML Sanitizer - The HTML Sanitizer used by the HtmlEditorExtender has been updated with this release to block additional types of Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks described by OWASP. The Ajax Control Toolkit now contains over 220 unit tests for Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks.
The Ajax Control Toolkit team would like to thank Gil Cohen who helped us identify, create unit tests, and block additional XSS attacks with this release.
- Request Validation - This release includes an important bug fix concerning a compatibility issue with ASP.NET 4.5 Request Validation.
This release of the Ajax Control Toolkit was brought to you by Superexpert Consulting
-- we build ASP.NET websites