2008-02-29 release of the AJAX Control Toolkit targets the official release of .NET Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008.
- AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5.zip is the full release package with complete source code to all controls, the test framework, VSI, and more.
- AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5-NoSource.zip contains only the sample web site and VSI and is for people who don't need or want the source code for the controls.
You can also download the Toolkit for .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 and Visual Studio 2005.
- AjaxControlToolkit.zip is the full release package with complete source code to all controls, the test framework, VSI, and more.
- AjaxControlToolkit-NoSource.zip contains only the sample web site and VSI and is for people who don't need or want the source code for the controls.
To start using the Toolkit in your own web sites, please follow the instructions on this page: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx
To start building your own extenders, launch the VSI installers on your machine. This will install new Visual Studio templates that contain everything you need to build extenders.
To get started with source code, simply load the "AjaxControlToolkit.sln" solution in Visual Studio 2005, and run the solution. This will launch the web site and allow you to experiment with the different controls. Also included in the solution is the source code for all the controls.
The web site also contains walkthroughs covering:
- Setting up your machine to use control extenders
- Using control extenders with your ASP.NET web site
- Creating new control extenders
- Writing your own automated tests
Please see the sample website release notes
for more details.