AJAX Control Toolkit Release Notes - September 2013 Release (Updated)
September 2013 release of the AJAX Control Toolkit.
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4.5 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 3.5 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 3.5 and sample site (Recommended).
This release has been updated to fix three issues:
- Update to fix a conflict between the Ajax Control Toolkit and jQuery/jQuery UI.
- Update to the ToolkitScriptManager to prevent an error that resulted from concurrency conflicts on high traffic websites. If you are getting the error message "Could not load control control name. The script reference(s) of this control was not loaded correctly." then please install this update.
- Update to the ToolkitScriptManager to prevent a pageLoaded error in Firefox when using the new jQueryExtender base class.
The assembly version of the updated release is x.x.x.1002. The version with the two issues is version x.x.x.0930. Right-click on the AjaxControlToolkit.dll, select Properties, and look at the Details tab to view the assembly version.Notes:
- Instructions for using the AJAX Control Toolkit with ASP.NET 4.5 can be found at http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2012/09/20/september-2012-release-of-the-ajax-control-toolkit.aspx
- The current version of the AJAX Control Toolkit is not compatible with ASP.NET 2.0. The latest version that is compatible with ASP.NET 2.0 can be found here: 20229
- You must use the ToolkitScriptManager instead of the ScriptManager with the Ajax Control Toolkit.
- You must use Visual Studio 2012 to view or modify the source code for the Ajax Control Toolkit.
- Instructions for contributing a bug report can be found at http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act_contribute_bug.ashx
This release of the Ajax Control Toolkit introduces a new jQueryExtender base class and contains a new version of the ToggleButton control completely rewritten in jQuery.
For details on the new features included with this release, please see Stephen Walther's blog post at http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2013/09/30/ajax-control-toolkit-now-supports-jquery
- jQueryExtender - Use the new jQueryExtender base class to create new Ajax Control Toolkit controls using jQuery.
- ToggleButton Control - Rewritten using pure jQuery.
- Twitter Control - Completely rewritten to use the new Twitter API.
- ToolkitScriptManager - Fixed issue concerning errors when used in Medium Trust.
- AjaxFileUpload - Fixed issue concerning ampersands in file names (issue 27476).
Learn how to install the toolkit and add the toolkit to the Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer toolbox with the following videos and tutorials.
This release of the Ajax Control Toolkit was brought to you by Superexpert Consulting
-- we build ASP.NET websites