AJAX Control Toolkit Release Notes - April 12th 2010 Release
April 12, 2010 release of the AJAX Control Toolkit.
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 3.5 - Binary – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 3.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4 - Binary – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit - Source – AJAX Control Toolkit source code for ASP.NET 3.5/ASP.NET 4. You must install the free Microsoft Ajax Minifier to open the source code version of the Ajax Control Toolkit. You can download the Microsoft Ajax Minifier from http://aspnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/40584.
- The current version of the AJAX Control Toolkit is not compatible with ASP.NET 2.0. The latest version that is compatible with ASP.NET 2.0 can be found here: 20229
- Pages using controls from AJAX Control Tookit .NET 3.5 must use the ToolkitScriptManager
, rather than the ASP.NET ScriptManager.
- AJAX Control Tookit .NET 4 cannot be loaded in Visual Studio 2008
. It requires Visual Studio 2010.
- When using the Ajax Control Toolkit with Visual Studio 2008, you must have Visual Studio Service Pack 1 installed.
- Instructions for contributing a bug report can be found at http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act_contribute_bug.ashx
Learn how to install the toolkit and add the toolkit to the Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer toolbox with the following videos and tutorials.
More than twenty-five important bug fixes have been made in this release corresponding to some of the most requested fixes. Many thanks to all contributors to this release, and in particular to OBOUT Software, Inc.
. You can view a partial
list of bug fixes for this release on the release page
We released an update to the Ajax Control Toolkit on May 11, 2010 which fixes a security issue and contains bug fixes related to the issues concerning the Modal Popup control described in the comments below. The downloads on this page have the latest security fix and patches.