AJAX Control Toolkit Release Notes - May 2011 Release
May 2011 release of the AJAX Control Toolkit.
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4 - Binary – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 3.5 - Binary – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 3.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit - Source – AJAX Control Toolkit source code for ASP.NET 3.5/ASP.NET 4.
- The current version of the AJAX Control Toolkit is not compatible with ASP.NET 2.0. The latest version that is compatible with ASP.NET 2.0 can be found here: 20229
- Pages using controls from AJAX Control Tookit .NET 3.5 must use the ToolkitScriptManager
, rather than the ASP.NET ScriptManager.
- AJAX Control Tookit .NET 4 cannot be loaded in Visual Studio 2008
. It requires Visual Studio 2010.
- When using the Ajax Control Toolkit with Visual Studio 2008, you must have Visual Studio Service Pack 1 installed.
- Instructions for contributing a bug report can be found at http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act_contribute_bug.ashx
Learn how to install the toolkit and add the toolkit to the Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer toolbox with the following videos and tutorials.
This release of the Ajax Control Toolkit focused on making fixes and improvements to the ModalPopup, AsyncFileUpload, and DropShadow controls:
- ModalPopup - The ModalPopup extender has been enhanced to support animations. The ModalPopup now supports OnShowing, OnShown, OnHiding, OnHidden animations. For example, you can fade-in the popup when it opens and fade-out the popup when it closes. Or, you can get super fancy with your animations.
- AsyncFileUpload - This release fixes several significant issues with the AsyncFileUpload. For example, previous to this release, the AsyncFileUpload control did not work correctly in a master page or when ClientIDMode="static". In this release, the AsyncFileUpload has been enhanced to be HTML5 compatible and to work with Mozilla Firefox 4.
- DropShadow - This release fixes an issue with the DropShadow extender which prevented it from working correctly in an UpdatePanel. This release also includes better test coverage for the DropShadow with the addition of new QUnit tests.
If you downloaded the 50506 release version of the Ajax Control Toolkit, and you are using the AsyncFileUpload control in a Visual Basic web application, then please download this updated 50508 version of the Ajax Control Toolkit.
This release of the Ajax Control Toolkit was brought to you by Superexpert Consulting
-- we build ASP.NET websites