AJAX Control Toolkit Release Notes - September 2012 Release
September 2012 release of the AJAX Control Toolkit.
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4.5 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 4 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 4 and sample site (Recommended).
- AJAX Control Toolkit .NET 3.5 – AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET 3.5 and sample site (Recommended).
- The current version of the AJAX Control Toolkit is not compatible with ASP.NET 2.0. The latest version that is compatible with ASP.NET 2.0 can be found here: 20229
- Pages using controls from AJAX Control Tookit .NET 3.5 must use the ToolkitScriptManager
, rather than the ASP.NET ScriptManager.
- AJAX Control Tookit .NET 4 cannot be loaded in Visual Studio 2008
. It requires Visual Studio 2010.
- When using the Ajax Control Toolkit with Visual Studio 2008, you must have Visual Studio Service Pack 1 installed.
- Instructions for contributing a bug report can be found at http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act_contribute_bug.ashx
Learn how to install the toolkit and add the toolkit to the Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer toolbox with the following videos and tutorials.
The biggest change with this release is support for ASP.NET 4.5.
This release also contains fixes for several of the highest voted issues associated with the CascadingDropDown control including:
- 9490 - Don't disable dropdowns in CascadingDropDown
- 14223 - CascadingDropDown Reset or Setting SelectedValue from WebMethod
- 12189 - CascadingDropDown not obeying disabled state of DropDownList
- 22942 - CascadingDropDown infinite loop (with solution)
- 8671 - CascadingDropdown options is null or undefined
- 14407 - CascadingDropDown: populated client event happens too often
- 17148 - CascadingDropDown - Add "UseHttpGet" property
- 10221 - No NotNull check in CascadingDropDown
- 12228 - Provide property for case-insensitive DefaultValue lookup in CascadingDropdown
We also fixed the following two issues which are not directly related to the CascadingDropDown control:
- 27108 - CalendarExtender: Bug when selecting December shifts to January.
- 27041 - Input controls with HTML5 types do not post back in Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Finally, we integrated several Pull Requests contributed by the community:
- Added French localized resources for the AjaxFileUpload
- Resolved an issue which prevented the AjaxFileUpload control from working with pages that require query string variables.
- Extended the AjaxFileUploadEventArgs class to include the current file index in the queue and the total number of files in the queue.
- Fixed an issue with TabContainer and TabPanel which caused the OnActiveTabChanged event to fire too often.
This release of the Ajax Control Toolkit was brought to you by Superexpert Consulting
-- we build ASP.NET websites