Enlist in the Ajax Control Toolkit
Get the source code for the Ajax Control Toolkit by enlisting in the Ajax Control Toolkit project.
1. Install the TortoiseHG Mercurial Client - We recommend that you use the TortoiseHG client to interact with the Ajax Control Toolkit repository. The TortoiseHG client is an open-source client for the Mercurial version control system. Download
the TortoiseHG client from the following URL:
http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org (It is called TortoiseHG because HG is the abbreviation for the element mercury)
2. Clone the Ajax Control Toolkit Repository -Create a new folder named AjaxControlToolkitHG. Right-click the folder and select the menu option
In the Clone dialog, enter the path to the Ajax Control Toolkit repository at AjaxControlToolkit.CodePlex.com:
After you click the Clone button, all the files from the Ajax Control Toolkit will be copied from CodePlex to the AjaxControlToolkitHG folder. A green checkmark should appear on top of the AjaxControlToolkitHG folder.
3. Get the Latest Code - You can get the latest code from the CodePlex source code repository at any time in the future by right-clicking the AjaxControlToolkitHG folder and opening the Repository Explorer. Follow these steps:
- Select the value Update from the After Pull dropdown list.
- Click the Pull incoming changesets button to get the latest code from the CodePlex repository.
If you forget to select Update
from the dropdown list before performing a pull request then you will need to complete an additional update step by right-clicking the AjaxControlToolkitHG repository and selecting the menu option
4. Install the Microsoft Ajax Minifier
the Visual Studio solution.
You can download the Microsoft Ajax Minifier from the